As part of the Arkema group, Odor-Tech is signatory to the Responsible Care® Global Charter of the International Council of Chemical Associations. We are committed to Safety beyond our regulatory requirements. Odor-Tech is also an active member of the American Gas Association (AGA), to promote odorization best practices.
In case of emergency
|CHEMTREC provides 24/7 emergency response during the transport of our odorants. For any transportation issues, call: +1 800 424-9300|
|For Medical assistance, please contact the ROCKY MOUNTAIN POISON & DRUG CENTER: +1 866 767-5089 (24/7)|
Safety of operations
Our closed-loop vapor recovery delivery systems are best-in-class and virtually eliminate odor releases during the odorant unloading. Our trucks and returnable cylinders match or exceed DOT regulations. Our on-site quality control laboratory allows Odor-Tech to check that odorant quality are in-line with our specifications and satisfies our customers’ requirements.
In case of odorant spill
Always refer to our Safety Data Sheet (SDS) when handling our products.
BASIC SPILL CONTROL STEPS:
- STOP the leak: you have to spot the source of the leak and stop it
- CONTAIN the spill: you can use dike pigs to prevent the liquid to spread further
- ABSORB the spill: you can use absorbent powder or pads
- NEUTRALIZE the odor: you can use the O-Scent neutralizing agent to efficiently neutralize the odorant smell
- DISPOSE of the material: you can use over-drum. Wastes are to be processed by a specialized company.
Contact Odor-Tech to learn more about a more comprehensive spill emergency response.